Binary generation with distutils? (Freeze, py2exe, etc.)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Mar 21 01:29:52 EST 2002

[Martin v. Loewis]
> Since March 2001, 30 distutils bugs have been closed, so one out
> of three distutils bugs is still pending (for Python in general, the
> ratio is 1:9).

Dang, disutils is *still* winning!  I was hoping to drive Python down to
1:2, but we just aren't getting enough HP-UX and AIX users to drive us to
total despair.  OK, how about everybody try threads, whether they understand
threads or not (well, *especially* if not), and file a vague yet irate bug
report for every behavior they don't fully understand?  Throw some signals
into the mix too.  And GNU readline!  If that ran on more platforms, we'd
have plenty of chronic bug reports to push us over the coveted "give up"
threshold.

i-have-a-dream-ly y'rs  - tim