Python on Windows soon forbidden by Micro$oft?

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 05:09:54 EST 2002

Eric Brunel wrote:

> Hans Nowak wrote:
> > It's not April 1st yet...
>
> Considering Brad's article was posted on 2001-07-02, it certainly wasn't at
> that time... ;-)
> Can anyone using a recent version of Microsoft development tools confirm
> whether it's a hoax or not? If it isn't, this is bad news...
>  - eric -

It sure smells like a hoax. I mean, really:

"""Microsoft has only been able to achieve this position of
near hegemony on the implicit premise that its products and tools
would always remain open and unrestricted in their usage. If
Microsoft had ever tried to thwart its competition by legally or
technologically preventing competitive software from running on
their systems or being built with their tools, then they would
have been unlikely to have retained customers or to have grown so
dominant."""

"Open and unrestricted"? It sure seems ludicrous to see these
words in the same sentence with "Microsoft".

--
Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA=='))
# decode for email address ;-)