[module] cygwin directory browser

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Wed Jan 23 08:31:08 EST 2002

Anton,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:34:00PM +0100, Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> If you can do: "cd /disk0/" in your shell, you could use "/disk0/"
> instead of "/cygdrive/". In my shell only "cd /cygdrive/" or "cd c:/"
> and such works so I can't check this "/disk0/" alternative.

FYI, one can change the default "/cygdrive" to another prefix of their
choice:

    $ mount --help
    Usage: mount [OPTION] [<win32path> <posixpath>]
      -c, --change-cygdrive-prefix  change the cygdrive path prefix to <posixpath>

For example, my systems are configured as follows:

    $ mount --show-cygdrive-prefix
    Prefix              Type         Flags
    /mnt                system       binmode

The above may not be affecting Mark, but I suggest that you determine
the user's cygdrive prefix programmatically and do not assume that it is
"/cygdrive".

Jason