Help - mining secure web pages -for ligitmate use

Patrick F Harris patrickharris5 at home.com
Mon Jan 21 20:10:10 EST 2002

All

I have a several web sites with financial I have to  'login'  in order to
gain access. I want to login to these sites and access the data with a java
program.

I know how to use java to grab a url page,  but have no idea how to
automatically login to a secure site and down load pages.

I do not think this is illegal as I have legitimate accounts to access this
sites, I just don't want to manual log in. I want to spool the data for
offline analysis.

Patrick