SOAP server in Python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Jan 22 17:29:17 EST 2002

Gustavo Niemeyer <niemeyer at conectiva.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1011706232.14585.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi Dale!
>
> > We are shortly to embark on a project that is SOAP based.
> >
> > What's the start of the art with Python SOAP modules?
>
> I'd recommend SOAP.py.
>
> > Anyone any experience or recommendations?
>
> Here is a good place to start:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywebsvcs/

Suggest you go with ZSI instead. ZSI is available from the same place as
SOAP.py but ZSI is still being actively looked after, maintained and
extended as necessary. The SOAP.py module has more or less stopped,
has known problems and isn't as extensive or customisable as ZSI.

If you try ZSI and do find problems or don't understand something then
get on the pywebsvcs mailing list and post about it there. As ZSI is
about the only active SOAP toolkit for Python, it is in out interests to
see it keeps getting better by pointing out where it does have problems
and fix them.