Problem building gdbm module (python-2.1.1)

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Feb 2 14:59:03 EST 2002

I'm trying to build python-2.1.1 with gdbm support on a Solaris (SunOS-5.7)
box.  It looks to me like there's a bug in the configure script.

I've got /usr/local/include/gdbm.h and /usr/local/lib/libgdbm.a on the
system.  Modules/gdbmmodule.c has '#include "gdbm.h"' in it, but the
configure script is looking for gdbm/ndbm.h, which it doesn't find.

If I change the configure script to look for gdbm.h instead of gdbm/ndbm.h,
it finds the library, builds the module, and seems to work just fine.

Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wierd?