Pyrex

EpSyLOn sasDOTepsylon at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 27 08:06:42 EST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:07:51 +0100, EpSyLOn <sasDOTepsylon at wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:00:16 -0700, "Bjorn Pettersen"
><BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote:
>
>>> From: Magnus Lie Hetland [mailto:mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no]
>>[...]
>>> Doesn't Boost.Python require (parts of) the Boost library to
>>> be installed before it works? SWIG will give you a set of
>>> plain C files that don't rely on anything, that you can
>>> inclue in your distribution... If my perception about Boost
>>> here is correct, I'd say that counts in favour of SWIG when
>>> it comes to distributability. (I've never dared to even try
>>
>>True (my embedding experiences have been with either internal projects
>>or projects where we didn't give away source code, so it never was an
>>issue for me...)
>>
>>> to install Boost myself, given that it is based on a
>>> special-purpose install tool and that it seems really huge...
>>> But the library does look excellent :)
>>
>>Yeah, it really is too bad that configure/make doesn't work on Win* --
>>somebody should write a tool that could be used everywhere <wink>.
>
>Don't you know MSYS ? :
>http://mingw.sourceforge.net/msys.shtml
>
>You don't need to have MinGW installed.

...Because MSYS is package that contains all tools and scripting
languages needed by autoconf/automake. It contains a bash shell and
some useful command line tools. It can replace cmd.exe or command.com
under Windows. But if you wish to use autoconf/automake you'll
probably need MinGW compiler system :
http://mingw.sf.net

The cygwin evironment also includes autoconf/automake.
Probably you know the URL :
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin

--
  .-.
  oo|   EpSyLOn           sas.epsylon at wanadoo.fr
 /`'\   FAQ fclc   http://www.isty-info.uvsq.fr/~rumeau/fclc
(\_;/)  "Quand le sage montre la lune, l'imbecile regarde le doigt"