[snake-farm] Re: 2.2.x backports of 2.3.x new features?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 10 18:24:27 EST 2002

  MCF> In fact, I am not necessarily interested in these features
  MCF> becoming part of the official 2.2.x releases (that would be
  MCF> fine, as long as there is a way to disable the inclusion, but
  MCF> it's not my particular focus).  Instead, I'm considering this
  MCF> more as a target for the Python in a Tie group, which is
  MCF> intending to create a stable business-focused distribution of
  MCF> Python.

So what's the word on Python in a Tie?

I thought I understood the original motivation to be that Python
development was moving too quickly, and business people needed a more
stable release without all the new features.  But maybe I
misunderstood.

It sounds like PIAT users are just like all other Python users: "We
think the developers are adding too many new features and they should
stop -- except for these features, which we really need." <0.2 wink>

What would the difference, then, be between PIAT and Python 2.3?

Jeremy