Promoting Python as web application development language

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Tue Aug 27 18:08:22 EDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 9:02 pm, Erno Kuusela wrote:
> In article <7x4rdlyfxz.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin
>
> <phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> writes:
> | I don't know about Tcl, but I think Python isn't as well-developed a
> | system for web programming as Perl or PHP.  The only production
> | application shell / template system I know of is Zope, which is
> | overcomplex and apparently dog slow.
>
> well, zope is not exactly pythonic. it has things going for
> it, but thinking of zope as a platform to write python
> software for the web does not work very well imho.

I completely disagree. Zope fundamentally consists of Python objects, which
may have methods written for them (using Python) or have HTML rendering
attached to them (using Page Templates). How is it not "pythonic"? Please
don't mention DTML, because that would just indicate that you haven't looked
at Zope for at least 12 months.

     Richard