pre-PEP for optional 'pass'

Andrei Kulakov ak at silmarill.org
Mon Apr 15 20:53:33 EDT 2002

In article <slrnabmoci.dhk.philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk>, phil hunt wrote:

> OK, I've decided to write a PEP. Preliminary to this, I'd like
> people's comments.
>
> I wish to make the pas startement optional. That is, in any Python
> program where there is a pass it can be left out and the meaning of
> the program is unchanged.

[snip]

I think the idea behind pass is that usually not having anything in
a conditional is a mistake, so we want to be informed about it. Putting
pass is like saying "I'm sure that's what I want."

I don't think pass is ugly. In fact, empty space after : feels wrong.

 - Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org