Newbie Problem Building 2.2 On SGI

Paul Jackson pj at engr.sgi.com
Mon Apr 8 20:28:32 EDT 2002

Jeff wrote:
|> I have installed both 2.2 and 2.2.1.c2 on an SGI O2 with
|> IRIX6.5. I cannot import the modules array, math, and struct

>From my Irix 6.5.11m system "sam":

    (sam) $ python
    Python 2.2b2 (#2, Dec  7 2001, 13:35:03) [C] on irix6
    >>> import array
    >>> import math
    >>> import struct
    >>> ^D

I see no errors or problems importing array, math and struct,
so I can't immediately reproduce your problem.

Your best bet would be to explain why you can't import them,
or to cut+paste what happens if you try.
                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Programmer, Linux Scalability
                          Paul Jackson <pj at sgi.com> 1.650.933.1373