Python, PyQt make install problems on IRIX

Garry Taylor gtaylor at lowebroadway.com
Tue Apr 23 04:57:17 EDT 2002

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote in message news:<3cc45c8d$0$307$e4fe514c at dreader1.news.xs4all.nl>...
> Garry Taylor wrote:
>

> > Has anyone else had this problem, or have any clues as to why it is
> > happening?
> >

> Well, Irix isn't exactly a common thing (I think I've
> seen only one machine running it in my life), but could
> it be possible that the installation process updates the
> dynamic library cache or something, which subsequently
> gets un-updated upon reboot? If you've installed PyQt
> from one xterm, can you run PyQt apps from another?

Yes, they will run from another terminal, I hav'nt heard of a Dynamic
Library cache, but this would seem an odd thing for a make install to
do, I was under the impression all they were supposed to do was to
copy all binaries and libraries to /usr/local or whereever. But if it
was this, how would I correct the problem?

Irix certainly is'nt all that common, in a way I think that kind of
helps people make installers, because there are not many hardware
configurations to support or variations of the OS, like Linux, there
are loads of variations on the same thing.

Thanks

Garry