Indenting lines 400..457 help

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Thu Apr 11 13:07:22 EDT 2002

"Brett g Porter" <BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<HNgt8.335984$Gf.29623810 at bin2.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...
> "Ned Harvey" <rahvee at yaahhoo.com> wrote in message
> news:a92f90$i57$1 at pcls4.std.com...
> > By using the >> or << method below, vi uses the tab-characters, at least
> > in my account.  Is there any way you're aware of, that I can specify the
> > characters to use?

[expandtab]

I tend to use the following line at the end of my Python files:

  # vim: tabstop=4 expandtab shiftwidth=4

I think this makes virtually all tab instances soft and equivalent to
4 spaces in vim/gvim. Having been a "hard tab user" for years, I
finally switched to soft tabs out of compatibility with just about
everything else written in Python - oh, the shame!

;-)

Paul