Help? Tkinter problem (Menu ID 256 already in use!)

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at rochester.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 18:45:37 EST 2001

Folks,

   I'm running into a problem, that I can't solve.... I have no idea
what's really wrong....

   This only occurs on the Macintosh version of Python (specifically,
v2.0, I haven't tried 2.1 yet).....

   "Menu ID 256 is already in use!  Fatal Python Error: TCL/TK Panic"

   To me, this implies there is something wrong with Tkinter, but it
maybe in the calling system from python....

   This occurs when I try to use PMW, or "Wizard" (Tkinter "ms-wizard"
system)....

   I've tried the MacPython list, with little luck....

            - Benjamin