Considering getting into Python... Any Pros-Cons?

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 4 20:57:27 EST 2001

I heartily recommend that you look into Python. But beware ! ;-)))

If your experience is anything like mine, you will begin to look into Python, as
if you have free will and can stop anytime you like, and go back to VB, or
baseball, or whatnot.

You will find yourself enjoying yourself, and thus spending more and more time
writing  Python code, reading Python books, corresponding on Python mail lists.

Python will seduce you, ever so subtly, that you will be unaware of its
tremendous power. You will begin to love object, classes and polymorphism. Soon,
you will seldom even use your old procedural techniques.

One day you will wake up and be hopelessly, head over heels in love. Going back
to your previous ways will no longer be an option.

Ron Stephens
(see my  choosing your  programming language script at
http://www.awaretek.com/Decision_Analysis.py )