Unhandled exception warning

Luke LLoeffler at home.com
Tue Nov 27 21:19:01 EST 2001

Having used Java for so long, I am used to being told during compilation
that foo() throws an exception and that I need to catch it or throw it
upward.  In Python you obviously don't get such reminders until it's too
late.  Is there some script or IDE or something that can tell you that
certain code may produce exceptions?  I'm sure this isn't an issue for
those that know the modules inside and out, but when you're getting
started it can be quite frustrating for your program to die suddenly and
then be told, oh, by the way, spam() is capable of producing such and
such exceptions.