any utilities to parse code??

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Sun Nov 25 05:15:12 EST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Peter Bismuti wrote:

> I am looking for something similar but in Python.  Of all
> the languages to parse by hand, I'd say that Python is
> probably the easiest, but I'm not sure if embarking on
> a mission to parse languages like Java is practical.  I'd
> rather look for something that already exists.

You might try ANTLR... It's a Java/C++/Sather tool, but it
comes with a grammar for Java source. (And you could always
have python open a pipe to your ANTLR-generated tool)

Cheers,

- Michal   http://www.sabren.net/   sabren at manifestation.com
Give your ideas the perfect home: http://www.cornerhost.com/
 cvs - weblogs - php - linux shell - perl/python/cgi - java