identify x,y coordinates in an image

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 15:34:42 EST 2001

On Monday 05 November 2001 12:10, John Hunter wrote:
> I need to get the x,y coordinates of a bunch of points in a 2d image.
>
> I would like to mouse click on a point in the image and get the
> coordinates of that point with reference to some origin (also
> identified with mouse click) and some x,y scale which could be
> customized.
>
> I will need to be able to zoom in at some points of the image, and
> perhaps scroll because the image will be large.
>
> I suspect some combination of PIL and Tk is what I an looking for, but
> am soliciting advice and/or prototype code before I begin.

PIL is an excellent choice and will allow you to zoom to particular point in
an image.  wxPython is an alternative to Tkinter (there isn't any native
support for wxPython from PIL, but a couple of simple routines will convert
between PIL images and wxImages - I can provide them if you like).

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer