Good GUI for Python

張裕益 winson at mdsserv.mds.com.tw
Thu Mar 22 21:18:38 EST 2001

Hi, All

I surveyed 3 GUI framework for Python including wxPython, PythonWin's included win32ui and Tkinter. My development environment is Mark Hammond's PythonWin downloaded from ActiveStates.

These're my issues:

First, ActiveStates' Python tool cannot support Tkinter and I confirmed with their stuff. So Tkinter maybe good, but not compatible with PythonWin.

Second, Mark's masterpiece win32ui and total MFC solution is excellent, but I'd wanna bind on Windows platform.

Third, wxPython sounds great but not so easy as win32ui.

Is there any suggestions ? Change my develop environment or is there another good gui for me ??

--
Best Regards,

Winson Chang

3F, 2, 150 Lane, Sec. 5, Hsin I Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Tel: +886-2-27225333 ext 376
Fax: +886-2-27222330

Email: winson at mdsserv.mds.com.tw