problems with jython

Ype Kingma ykingma at accessforall.nl
Thu Jun 21 14:43:41 EDT 2001

Tyler,

When during jython startup the sys-package-manager encounters
a jar that it has not seen before on the class path, it will process
the jar so you can easily import from it in jython.
For large jars this may require more memory than java has
available, which seems to be the problem causing the SIGSEGV.
Just retry with more memory allocated to the JVM.
Type 'java -h' to find out how to do this.

Tyler Coumbes wrote:

> I got jython 2.0 and am trying to run it with IBMJava2-13.
> I get this error
> *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar,
> '/home/flounder/jython-2.0/jython.jar'
> SIGSEGV 11 (*) segmentation violation
>         stackpointer=0xbffc1cf8
>
> and it just keeps going at 100% cpu and doesn't stop
> What could cause that?
>
> --
> Tyler

Good luck,