readline, python 2.1 and LFS

Timothy Grant tjg at hyperlinq.net
Sat Jun 23 22:54:32 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I've built a Linux From Scratch system, and Python built
successfully, but then I realized that I didn't have readline
support of any kind, so I downloaded and compiled readline 4.2
then recompiled Python. This time it built readline support.

However, when I try and import readline, I get the following
error.

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/readline.so:
undefined symbol: tputs

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg at hyperlinq.net
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630