Version compatibility in division

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Thu Jul 26 21:48:18 EDT 2001

David wrote:
|> Of course, this isn't the best example, since threaded apps by their
|> nature must be written to be safe in such variations ...

as opposed, of course, to unthreaded apps, which can have
all manner of timing sensitive bugs, right? </joking>

In other words, speaking more directly, maybe threaded
apps are supposed to be timing safe, but that doesn't
mean that they are.
--

                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Manager, Linux Scalability