Mac aetools (QuicKeys) OS error

Kent Polk kent at tiamat.goathill.org
Fri Jan 5 14:18:25 EST 2001

We have a Python module which uses aetools.py to program QuicKeys.

1) Problem : we get a 'queue element not found during deletion'
error, which is listed as a Mac OS error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Work1:WrkFlow:MacroProject:Python:nuc_macros.py", line 123, in ?
     MakeGenotyperMacros.makeFamilyMacros(famlist[52:])
   File "Work1:WrkFlow:MacroProject:Python:MakeGenotyperMacros.py",
line 82, in makeFamilyMacros
     doScript(addFind_script % family['mother'])
   File "Work1:WrkFlow:MacroProject:Python:MakeGenotyperMacros.py",
line 15, in doScript
     qk.Do_Script(aline)
   File "System9:Python 2.0:Mac:Demo:applescript:QuicKeys_Suite:
QuicKeys_Suite.py", line 53, in Do_Script
     raise aetools.Error, aetools.decodeerror(_arguments)
aetools.Error: (-1, 'queue element not found during deletion', None)

Any clue as to what this might mean? We bumped up memory allocation
for the script but nothing changed.

Alternately, does anyone know how to program QuicKeys other than
one AE command at a time? It appears that one should be able to
load multi-line commands into QuicKeys, we can't figure out how to
get it to accept more than the first line.

Thanks