beep again

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Jan 25 04:15:26 EST 2001

[Thomas Wouters]
> How do you think us unsuspecting Linux users felt when we were
> just normally compiling Python 2.0, not listening to music for
> a change, run make test, and suddently the too-loud speakers
> yell 'NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!' ? Let me tell you,
> I nearly had a coronary the first time it happened to me :)

I understand.  I have the same reaction whenever I'm at Guido's house and
he's testing Python on Linux.  It's exceedingly annoying.  I think he likes
it that way, too <wink>.

> Apparently, the times I compiled Python on my office PC, from home,
> I scared a few of my colleagues and an innocent cleaning lady,
> too... nowadays I make sure to tune down the sound before running
> make test
> :)

Oh, Thomas.  There's something I have to pass on to you, while there's still
time to save you from great harm.  This is a profound inter-cultural truth:
there is no such thing as an innocent cleaning lady.

trust-me-i'm-older-than-you-and-probably-much-dirtier-too-ly y'rs  - tim