Good book for Learning Python??

Don Tuttle tuttledon at mailandnews.com
Sat Dec 8 11:38:33 EST 2001

> Greg
>
> I am new to the list and would like to get some input on some good
> books for learning Python?

As far as printed books go Alan Gauld's "Learn to Program Using Python" is
best if you have little or no programming background.

If that's not you, get the new book by Chris Fehily "Visual Quickstart Guide
to Python".  IMHO this is now the best book for programmers to learn how
Python works.  It's inexpensive ($21.99 US). It's short. And after you've
read it, it's still valuable as a quick reference.

But what really sets this book apart from all the rest is the massive amount
of code examples and resultant output. Each example progresses from simple
to increasingly complex.

There are now a lot of good Python books but this is one I'd call a must
have for anyone new to Python. (and maybe not so new ;-)

Don