Is it new style or just lack of style?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Aug 3 14:43:50 EDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

>On 3 Aug 2001, Paul Boddie wrote:
>
>> Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> wrote in message news:<mailman.996819245.9680.python-list at python.org>...
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > More and more I am starting to see people adding extra
>> > blanks in ( ).
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Is it new style?  I am sure this contradicts Python Style
>> > Guide, but where from this new style appeared? I saw Java programs
>> > with the same ugly padding...
>>
>> I first saw it employed in Java and C++ programs some time ago. I
>> suspect it has more to do with the usage of poor text editing software
>> than anything else; that is, software which isn't well-suited to
>> editing programs.
>>

>In my case, I think it has more to do with my wearing bifocals than
>with my editor. ( Although, if I had syntax coloring working, I might
>not need the extra spaces to see clearly! )

OK... I do not question that. My concern is that I see more and more
Python code in that non-style... Probably more and more programmers need
glasses to work. Especially Java ones ;-) Or is it official Java style?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Friday, August 03, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/