New Python User Question about Python.

Deep0258 deep0258 at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 21:57:37 EDT 2001

I am just wondering, since I am now joining python and it's greatness, why
don't the developers of Python make Python just as fast(if not faster) than the
older, more low-level lanquage. Yes, there are advantages using the interpreter
style programs, but isn't there a way to incorporate the speed of compiled
programs with the debugging and clearness of Interpreter to make Python a much
faster lanquage. There might be a way, but I'm pretty new so I don't know. Any
answers, thank you for listening?