Public Domain Python

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Sep 16 03:05:23 EDT 2000

[Neil Hodgson]
>    I'd expect the best way for CNRI to maximise their safety would
> be to sell the code to Guido/BeOpen who then do the release and take
> full responsibility for it. Unless that was seen as fraudulently passing
> a liability to a shell entity, they'd then be free of worry.

Except they repeat they're acting "in the public interest" almost every time
any question comes up.  If you take them at their word on that, they may
well feel that selling the rights to a for-profit company is not in the
public interest at all.

> Safest to never release at all ;)

It's a theory we were testing <wink>.

sure-didn't-feel-safe-to-us-though-ly y'rs  - tim