New Python development process (SourceForge considered Harmful?)

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Thu Oct 5 12:46:44 EDT 2000

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Tom wrote:
> >    Why not just filter ads out? To make the letter more pythonic - I can
> > publish URLs of filtering proxies, and most of them are in Python. I
> > actually use one these proxies - and is pretty satisfied (I hacked it a
> bit
> > and sent patches to author...)
>
> Yes, I think I should.
> Do I have to setup a proxy?

   They are pretty simple, in my opinion (but I am programmer and sysadmin :)

> Do these slow things down at all?

   To some extent, but not much noticeable. Well, there they are:

http://www.junkbusters.com/ - most known; not Python, C proxy, highly
configurable;

http://waldherr.org/junkbuster/

http://www.zaplet.org/adzapper/

http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/proxy.html - pure Python proxy; I use it,
and I can publish my patches if anyone interested;

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~ckotso/CTC/

http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/jara/alfajor/

Oleg.
----