Bizarre problem with HTTP POST verb and HTTPServer on Win32

rhamorim at my-deja.com rhamorim at my-deja.com
Sat Oct 7 01:26:15 EDT 2000

I'm looking at this myself, as I've run on the same problem. If I have
any more news I'll tell you.

BTW... dit you have any success after the message below?

Regards,

Roberto "Wolfox" Amorim

In article <2bBu5.22221$r4.11782 at news.indigo.ie>,
  "mail.indigo.ie" <regkey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Something very weird is happening; I have written a simple subclass of
> HTTPRequestHandler which should handle HTTP GET and HTTP POST.  It
works
> fine for HTTP GET but seems doesn't always respond to a POST on Win32.
>
> If I create a form with method=POST and submit it then IE fails with
> "connection reset by peer", curl (http://curl.haxx.nu) also fails.  It
> looks like a problem with whatever the equivalent of SIGPIPE is on
Win32:

> administrator$ curl -i -d a=b localhost:6543
> administrator$ curl -v -i -d a=b localhost:6543
> * Connected to John Smart (127.0.0.1)
> > POST / HTTP/1.0
> > a=b
>
> The source is simply:
>
> import BaseHTTPServer
>
> class MyHTTPRequestHandler(BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
>
>         def do_POST(this):
>                 this.do_GET()
>
>         def do_GET(this):
>                 this.send_response(200)
>                 this.send_header("Content-type", "text/html")
>                 this.end_headers()
>                 this.wfile.write("Hello!\n")
>
> svr = BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer(('', 6543), MyHTTPRequestHandler)
>
> print "listing on port 6543"
>
> svr.serve_forever()
>
> Has anyone got any idea what is going on?
>
> Regards,
>
> Niall Smart

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.