URLLIB and PROXY

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Nov 2 10:25:56 EST 2000

In article <slrn9007th.27u.jepler.lnk at potty.housenet>, jepler epler wrote:

>You have to authenticate with your proxy via the "NTLM" authentication
>method.  This should be documented by Microsoft somewhere, the only
>authentication method documented in the HTTP standards is "BASIC".

If you'd like to see example NTLM authentication code (from a
library I wrote for use when talking to the Exchange IMAP)
server, you can look at:

  ftp://ftp.vis.com/users/grante/stuff/libntlm-0.21.tar.gz

It includes some C language command-line test utilities to
generate/decode Base64 NTLM frames.

I don't know exactly how you transfer them back and forth w/
HTTP, but I'm betting the base64 encoded frames are identical.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I guess you guys got
                                  at               BIG MUSCLES from doing too