Simple HTML to XML parser?

jsantaniello at my-deja.com jsantaniello at my-deja.com
Mon Nov 13 19:30:25 EST 2000

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have or know of a simple HTML to XML parser? The sax package
is too much for me to handle. What I'm looking for is the ability to
grab some html with urllib for example and then access an object like:

page = urlopen(url)
the_value = page.body.form[0].hidden_element_name.value

Or something similar. What I'm doing now is just grabbing the page as a
string and searching for tokens and then doing some slicing. But this is
all so hard coded, and subject to the vagaries of web-designers that I
don't trust it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe