java support

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Nov 20 00:13:19 EST 2000

In article <8v90l1$j0r$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <cmena at my-deja.com> wrote:
>hi all,
>are there any python modules that would allow one to script java
>objects? i don't mean a python interpreter in java, like jpython, but a
>c/c++ module that would call java object's methods through the
>reflection api. tcl has something called jacl that does this, but at
>this point i've decided to go with python for this project.  any ideas?
			.
			.
			.
Not particularly.

As noted elsewhere in this thread, you're asking for
something comparable to Tcl Blend rather than Jacl.
Someone *could* construct such a thing with Python,
but there's a fair amount of work to it, and I cer-
tainly know of no one who's yet done it.

I believe Finn Bock has a bit of experience linking
in C-coded objects with Jython, which conceivably
can get you some of the results you're after.  A
CPython module that scripts Java, though?  No, there
isn't one.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net