2 embedding in C++ questions

colin colin at kaizensoft.com
Wed Jun 14 22:08:41 EDT 2000

1. Is there a way I can, from C++, figure out whether there exists in a
loaded python module any class which is derived from a particular other
class that I know the name of, and if so it's name?  Then further, to
instantiate that class from C++?  Except for parsing the module's python
source file myself...

2. Is there a way to call a method of a python object from C++ except
for "PyObject_CallMethod"?  I tried doing a getAttr with a name, saving
that attr, and calling PyObject_CallFunction, and PyObject_CallObject
with no success.  Mebbe I'm just doing it wrong?

thanks,
Colin