Combining two graphic images

A J Wilson ajwilson at ezy.net.au
Sat Jun 3 18:56:02 EDT 2000

I downloaded PIL and tried to compile/install it.  However, when I try to
import it in python to test it I get the following error.

>>> import _imaging
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ./_imaging.so: undefined symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
I am running Mandrake 7 on an intel box.

Also what other rpm packages do I need to have installed to make it work?

Thanks
Austin

"Anders Eriksson" <ame at swipnet.se> wrote in message
news:n3aijsoefu73lgv2h2h37750di9ckk7uh6 at 4ax.com...
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:45:12 +1000, "A J Wilson" <ajwilson at ezy.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I would like to combine two BMP images so that one overlays the other.
Does