GUI editor

Jon K Hellan hellan at acm.org
Thu Jun 8 05:33:58 EDT 2000

Anders M Eriksson <anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se> writes:

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 01:59:37 -0000, "Blu Dragoon"
> <eddthompson at ssi.parlorcity.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a gui editor written in python for tkinter?
> >The reason I ask is that I use python on 6 different platforms.
> >And tkinter seems to be the most prevailant of the gui's.
> >Or should I go ahead a take the PIL? and is there any gui editor
> >for PIL too.
> >

> <opinion>
> This is the MAJOR lack of python! I sys that the first one that comes
> out with a IDE/GUI editor which works has set the standard of which
> GUI that will be used
> </opinion>
>
> AFAIK, there is no GUI editor for TKinter. There are some rumour about
> Pythonware's 'PythonWorks' it will contain a GUI editor in some
> version...

Didn't they go Gold recently?

Apart from that, I don't know of any. But for somebody who might end up in
a rainy place during summer vacation, it might be a good idea to bring
along a laptop and sources for glade and libglade. Not to extend glade
to tkinter, but to see how hard it is to come up with something
similar.

Jon Kåre