Hi, my name is not Mrs so-called Gumblenose

Simon B brunnsNObrSPAM at beer.com.invalid
Thu Jul 6 03:38:31 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
>> If someone were to port JPython to the '400, you would be able
>> to use the AS/400 Toolbox for Java's native DB access APIs,
but
>> that would be a pretty major job in itself.
>
>Why would JPython have to be "ported" at all?  Doesn't it
>"just run" with any common-or-garden Java Virtual Machine?

Pretty much. But I gather that the AS/400 implementation of the
JVM has a few, uh, features. Also, you'd have to wrap the AS/400
Toolbox for Java, or it wouldn't be worth doing in the first
place.

Cheers,
Simon B.
With Microsoft, failure is not an option. It comes bundled.

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com