Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Fri Jul 28 14:18:45 EDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:23:39 +0200, Alex Martelli <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
>Where Python fits, I don't know, but I suspect it would be an excellent
>first-language (except for those who belong to the "bondage-and-discipline"
>school of programming, and/or of teaching-to-program, who would surely be
>better advised to look at Pascal or some of its successors).

    Well, if it is any consolation I did tell my roommate of the two languages
I currently dabble in, Perl and Python, if she wanted to start to learn to
program I recommended Python even though my Path, thus far has been Pascal, C
(and subsequent running away screaming like a madman), some DOS based
scripting languages (4DOS anyone?), REXX (see C comment), Perl, Python.  PHP
is next on the list somewhere once I can find a decent reference book.