Can anyone hear me? (was Solution to IDLE and Tkinter proble

Jesse W jessw at loop.com
Mon Jul 10 15:26:35 EDT 2000

Dear Neil,
	First, thank you very much for replying.  I was beginning to think I
was just screaming into the void. :-)

>    This may just be the slow python.exe startup because of  multimedia
> problem. If Python is also slow to start up from the command line

	However, I don't think it is the interpreter itself, because it can
start much quicker when not run through os.system.  I read a recent
thread about os.system which said it was slow because it loaded a
shell to run in.
								Thank you for replying,
									Jesse W