Ooh, off topic, really

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 05:43:34 EDT 2000

Yesterday I had to go into town, and went into a local discount bookstore
(because they had a book on Steiff toys which I bought for my other half).

Anyway, they also had a Dorling Kindersley book I had to buy - it's a slim
large format hardback called "Snake Book", and the centrefold (yes, it does
fold out) is of a lovely reticulated python. DK don't seem to list the book
on their site, but Amazon list it at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789415267/qid=963480776/sr=1-8/104-0
197914-6420759

	[I bet Outlook <fx:spit> will split that - sorry]

at a similar sort of remainder price (allowing for dollar/pound vagaries as
one does). Now I need to go out and look for Chris Mattison's "Snake"
	http://www.dk.com/uk/shared/product.asp?ISBN=0751306584
as well...

obOnTopic - it was also nice to note that the local Waterstone's is
obviously doing a reasonable turnover on Python books. They've sold at least
2 or 3 copies of the Python Essential Reference (and 2 more back on shelf),
at least a couple of Python in 24 hours (one to me - it's fun), and at least
2 of the Python and Tkinter book (by observation of what was on the shelves
and now isn't). OK, it's Cambridge UK, but that's still not bad.

Tibs

--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
"Bounce with the bunny. Strut with the duck.