tkinter: font measure()

Bob van der Poel bvdpoel at uniserve.com
Wed Jul 19 13:22:29 EDT 2000

Anyone know how to use the font measure() thing in tkinter? From what I
can gather you have to apply this as a method on a font object, but I
don't see how to get the object. All I want to do is to determine the
display width of a text string. I tried just using measure('my text')
but that would be too easy...

Thanks.

BTW, I'm converting a tcl/tk program to python/tkinter. I am amazed by
how much faster the python stuff is compared to tcl. Add in the fact
that I can actaully read my code from yesterday...

--
   __
  /  )      /         Bob van der Poel
 /--<  ____/__        bvdpoel at uniserve.com