Top 10 Language Constructs (Phyton)

Dinu C. Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri Jul 14 06:13:17 EDT 2000

Bruno Gustavs wrote:

> What do you think are the top ten language constructs in Phyton ?
> Please don't answer in terms of OO concepts, but try to restrict
> yourself to those statements you really use to cope with your
> daily work.
>
> Curious why I'm asking this question? In spite of all requirements
> engineering effort we know exactly *how* to solve problems
> with computer languages but know fairly, *what* we're doing
> during this process.

What do you mean by "language constructs", Python keywords
like "for" or "class"? Are you expecting some statistics of
used keywords over one's own code?

I doubt this will be very useful, like the answer to the
question: "Which are the ten most used words in English?".
But maybe I'm not understanding well how you think you'll
benefit from such an answer...

Regards,

Dinu

PS: TOP-1 is "Python"! ;-)

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-