import into global namespace

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Thu Jul 20 08:15:20 EDT 2000

Hi again :-)

Okay, after all the fun of loading modules from strings this one should
be a little simpler :-)

Right, I have the following code getting called in a function:

exec "from %s import *" % moduleName

...which works great, but I'm guessing only imports stuff into the
function's namespace, so other functions can't use the imported modules
:(

I know I can do exec "from %s import *" % moduleName in globals,locals

What would I set globals and locals to so that the import happens
globally and all functions will have access to the imported names from
the module?

cheers,

Chris