Singleton COM local/remote server?

John Lull lull at acm.org
Wed Jul 5 23:07:00 EDT 2000

At the dawn of the third millenium (by the common reckoning), "Alex
Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote (with possible deletions):

> Now, there remains the issue of, how to control the flags
> used on CoRegisterClassObject by pythonw.exe...?  I can't
> find it in the docs (which doesn't mean it isn't there...
> it just says I can't find it).  Maybe we need to look at
> the sources...?

It seems to be passed as the third command line argument to
LocalServer.py, which calls RegisterClassFactories(), which in turn
calls CoRegisterClassObject().

LocalServer.py is apparently run anytime you start a Python local
server.  Now I just need to figure out how to set up the command line
arguments -- I suspect it's something set in the registry during
installation.

Thanks much.

Regards,
John