Local user modules?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Fri Jul 28 02:05:29 EDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Steve Juranich wrote:

> Without further ado, here's my question: Is it possible for a user to write
> a module in C/C++ and make that available to the Python interpreter
> *without* needing to edit systemfiles like
> ${PYTHON_HOME}/Modules/Setup.local?

This question is OS dependant, but for all OS's that matter, the answer is
yes. I'm sure about this answer about Linux, AIX, Solaris and all Windows
OSs. If you have a question about a specific OS, please bring it up...

> Is is possible for me to add NumPy to my Python path without actually
> sticking it in the main Python system path?

Yes.

> FYI, I know all about how to alter sys.path to add a directory like
> ~/Python/MyModules that would add modules implemented in Python, but how do
> I do the same thing for objects implemented in C/C++?

The same way: Python uses the same search path for both kinds of modules.

it-worked-for-me-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.