IDLE window disappears - more info

Rodney Loisel rloisel at helicon.net
Mon Jul 24 08:24:07 EDT 2000

If I have to type the following in a dos prompt with no history or mouse support

every time I want to run a python program perhaps I'm asking the wrong
questions...

"C:\Your\Dir\Here>python  C:\Your\Dir\Here>python hello.py"

I may have in my ignorance downloaded PY5.2 which may be a beta version
that assumes that tk is already on my computer. What is the latest full
distribution
and where might I get that, and do I just need to delete the whole python
directory
before installing the version I download?
Someone please enlighten me - I've been using computers for 14+ years and am
about to give up on this project if the basic setup information isn't available.

rloisel