Memory management

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:47:05 EDT 2000

* Larry Whitley <ldw at us.ibm.com> menulis:
| I'm running out of virtual memory on my NT 4.0 system running a longish
| python script.  Python says "memory error" and quits.  NT shows the
| application using 130+ megabytes.  I have 192 megabytes on the system so it
| seems like a rational number.  I suspect that this means that I have a
| memory leak in my code.

There have been some modules written to detect cycles in your data
structures (which are the usual cause of memory leaks), for example
Cyclops at
<http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/System/Cyclops.py>

--
cliff crawford    -><-    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                          Synaesthesia now!            icq 68165166