Feature Request: IPv6 support built into 1.6/2.0

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Mon Jul 10 09:47:36 EDT 2000

Olmy <olmy at thistledown.org> writes:

> Has there been any consideration of rolling the KAME IPv6 patches
> to Python into the official release?

No once considered it before your message arrived.

> It would be quite interesting to start using python to code
> some small ipv6 utilities here and there.
>
> Any thoughts? Are there more appropriate methods to submit feature
> requests?

Two thoughts:

- I don't know of any developers running on an IPv6-enabled machine.
It's hard to test patches if we can't run the code.

- If we can find someone who can test the IPv6 pathces, that person
can submit them using the SourceForge patch manager.
http://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=5470

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>