Python license (was RE: Python plug-ins for Adobe Products available)

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sun Jul 30 13:02:11 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

> The wrangling itself is a good sign:  it means that we (BeOpen PythonLabs)
> have been opposing more restrictions.  CNRI already changed their license to
> the extent that the board of the Open Source Initiative voted to certify it
> as Open Source compliant (see definition at
>
>     http://www.opensource.org/osd.html
>
> ).  We also want Python to remain GPL-*compatible*, and CNRI has changed
> some of the language in response to Richard Stallman's objections.

The following pointed question is directed at CNRI, not you, Tim, but...

   _Who died and left *Stallman* in charge_?

where-i-come-from-'rms'-means-'root-mean-square'---which-ain't-a
   -bad-discription-of-Stallman,-come-to-think-of-it-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2
p.s.  Sorry to "discriminate against any person or group of persons" ;-)
p.p.s.  BTW, as an old-timer, "OSI" means "Ohio Scientific Incorporated"
to me -- they made my beloved first computer, the Superboard II.

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com