Problem Installing PyQt-012

Kenneth Payne kmp at atrium.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 18:08:17 EDT 2000

Boudewijn -

Thanks for your interest in my sip problem.

I've installed autoconf and automake. This gets rid of all errors
except the message about X (if that is an error) but I still get the
same probelm on installing pyQT.

My configure output for sip now looks like this :

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for bison... (cached) bison -y
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... (cached) yes
checking lex output file root... (cached) lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached)
yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for strip... (cached) strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for object suffix... (cached) o
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... (cached)  -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag  -fPIC works... (cached) yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... (cached) yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking for /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld option to reload object files...
-r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
creating libtool
checking for the Qt meta object compiler... /usr/lib/qt/bin/moc
checking for the Qt include files... /usr/lib/qt/include
checking for the Qt library files... /usr/lib/qt/lib
checking for X... no
checking for -fno-exceptions... yes
checking for Python 1.5 include files... /usr/include/python1.5
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating sip/Makefile
creating siplib/Makefile
creating sip.spec
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged

If all this seems correct, perhaps the error is in the configure for
the PyQT sources. Should I concentrate on that?

By the way, I tried installing the rpm for sip, but it requires a
later version of libstdc than mine. I get the error :

 failed dependencies:
 libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is needed by sip-0.12-1

It's at least comforting to know that it is possible to run these
python / KDE bindings on SUSE 6.3

Thanks again for your interest.

Best wishes

-- Ken

On 03/07/00, 19:00:46, boud at rempt.xs4all.nl (Boudewijn Rempt) wrote
regarding Re: Problem Installing PyQt-012: